February 4th, 2022 | Doors
Choosing the front door for your home is an experience in itself as you want the door to be sturdy, beautiful, durable and reasonable all at the same time. You would see different materials, styles, colours, textures across all manufacturers. In this hunt to buy the most spectacular looking door we forget about the door frames. According to me, choosing a door frame is an extremely technical decision to be taken. Let us evaluate a few points which would help you to finalise the right readymade wooden door frame for your home –
Door Frame is a frame on which the main door is mounted. Door frames are fitted to the wall and reduce the dead weight of the door
Which types of wood are generally used for main doors?
Teak wood, Sal wood and Seggun teak from Bangladesh are the wood widely used to make readymade wooden door frames by the manufacturers in Pune. Now-a-days as teak wood door frames are expensive, people opt for door frames made of Pine, Cedar or sometimes MDF.
I would personally suggest using readymade teakwood door frames as it is just a one-time investment with very low maintenance. But, no matter which wood you choose, always choose the one which is well seasoned because –
- Seasoned readymade door frames can resist extreme weather and absorb moisture
- It will bear the heaviness of the main door and also the drilling
- It will also provide strong support for the carvings and locks
How would you identify the right readymade door frame?
A well-seasoned readymade door frames is always heavy to lift and dark in shade. You can see smooth grains in elliptical patterns.
Advantages of choosing readymade wooden door frame –
- The manufacturer provides installation and you can match it with any door of your choice instantly
- The installation is faster without any mess in your house.
- You get a wide choice to choose based on colour, material etc
- Readymade door looks more attractive and sturdy.
- The design is simple making it affordable.
- Easily available at every wooden frames manufacturer.
- Good stability and lasts longer. Does not get twisted easily.
- It sustains all weather conditions and easy to maintain.
- Most of the frames are stain free, scratch free.
Go ahead!!!! Choose readymade wooden frames for your doors from your nearest manufacturer and have a hassle free installation. You will be pleasantly surprised by the looks and aesthetic value it will add to your home.